Free software trials. Love them or hate them? Free software trials suggest to me that I will be able to have a play around and get a feel for the software, before I commit to a full user experience.
But in the back of my mind, I always have that saying “you don’t get anything for free.”
There is a lot of truth in that when it comes to software trials.
Yes, the idea of a 14-day free trial, no obligation, no credit card required is very appealing.
But what happens when you sign up, play around and start to set things up (without really knowing what you are doing and with no real strategy in place) and then decide to go ahead with the full user experience?
At Creative Analysis, we are contacted by companies that have signed up to free trials and have ended up tied in knots.
9 Common Mistakes People Make With Free Software Trials
- Setting up multiple trials. This can cause problems when you go live with the full user experience.
- If systems aren’t designed from the very beginning it can cause significant challenges later when the structure isn’t able to scale or adapt to business changes.
- Often modules are mis-used or not used at all. This means key features and benefits are lost.
- Modules can be over-used when it is not necessary. For example, we often come across companies that have added too many fields to one module when a second related module is more suitable.
- Integrations with other software and apps have many variations and the wrong method can easily be chosen. Often best practice is not adhered to without having a Zoho partner’s input.
- GDPR. Understanding how Zoho deals with GDPR in Zoho CRM and Zoho Campaigns is often a problem for companies. One of the biggest issues we are asked to correct is where a company hasn’t known how to set up the data processing basis in Zoho CRM and the marketing preferences in Zoho Campaigns. This can be complex and is often not in place or overlooked, causing much confusion and frustration later down the line.
- Design of layouts and conditional fields are crucial for the best user experience. Often these are not used at all.
- Field mapping is incorrectly used and updating fields in multiple places is not working correctly.
- Incorrect use of free text fields rather than picklists.
“I realised that reaching out and spending money on experts is essential to get the expertise you need.”
– Sarah Price, Sedgefield School Sport Partnership
14 Reasons To Work With A Zoho Partner
- You don’t know what you don’t know. We can tell you what you need to know from the beginning.
- Some Partners are certified in Zoho applications. At Creative Analysis, we have undertaken the Zoho Partner Training Program and are certified in the following applications: Zoho CRM, Zoho Books, Zoho Projects, Zoho Desk, Zoho Analytics and Zoho Campaigns. You can fully trust we know our stuff!
- Our knowledge will save you time. We’ve got deep product knowledge and can give you the answers without you spending hours (turning into days and weeks) working things out.
- We can give you best practice solutions immediately, based on our extensive knowledge and practical application of the software across a wide range of industries.
- We know all of the nuances that you may not be aware of, until you are heavily involved with the software.
- We can provide native speaking workshops and training, which are essential to design your system at the beginning and train your team at the end.
- We are local, so understand your business context.
- We advise on the structure of your system; layouts, modules, fields, workflows. If you customise in the wrong way at the start this can cause huge re-work later on when the business grows or processes change.
- We future proof your system, ensuring that your system architecture is set up correctly from the start.
- We ensure you have the system set-up correctly so you can get the exact reports and marketing segments that you need.
- We resolve issues fast because we know your exact system and the customisation that you have in place.
- We support you throughout the development of your system, can help with licencing questions and provide aftercare specifically for your system.
- We are close to your business so we understand the business growth vision and recommend which other Zoho products to use as you grow.
- We keep you informed of any known feature releases coming up and can be very clear with you about any features that are not currently available, before you waste time investigating this.
At Creative Analysis, we have seen every issue outlined above and find that those that choose to do it alone are most often the ones that get stuck.
“I have been trying to solve our system issues myself. I am fiercely independent and want to do things myself, wherever possible.”
– Sarah Price, Sedgefield School Sport Partnership
When it comes to your systems, you need experts; those that have deep product knowledge and training in the system you are wanting to implement. Yes, there will be an investment to work with experts. In the long run, it will save you time, energy and money and increase your sales and efficiency.
Who do you choose that understands your needs, when you’re not sure exactly what those needs are right now?
Look for a Zoho Partner. They are the experts.
With us, it all starts with a conversation.
From there, we have a 3 step process we take clients through: Design, Build and Aftercare. Rest assured, we are with you every step of the way.
If you want to explore what it is like to work with us, please get in touch, by clicking here.
To hear how we worked with Sedgefield School Sport Partnership, click here: https://www.creativeanalysis.co.uk/our-work/sedgefield